In the Burren Trees



 








There I walked
without surety, 
not thinking or knowing,
only moving through the trees, quietly 
walking towards the sunlight shards.

Drawn only by 
the light, something about the light,
muted, one or two dimensions
removed.

I strolled deeper into this Burren stand of trees, 
now blending with the presence,
joining and confirming, I know not what.

The beckoning surrounded me and
A shimmering, a million light beings
smiled and laughed,
seemingly happy that I dare look,
 not using my eyes.

Gifted, once again, by ancient aliveness,
always present, awaiting invitation.
All shimmer and light,
all total bliss.
A world of brilliance,
lightning-like, flashed,
and the pierced veil fell away.

Such brilliance waits for affirmation
and the invitations are few.
Look, invite, confirm and accept
and know from your soul depths, 
you are not alone.

The light always beckons.
Hold dearly
this rare gift,
encountered in a
leafed tree alcove 
on an island of rock
in an ocean 
thousands of miles from home.

_________________________________


     This picture I captured spontaneously on a walk in the Burren, in County Clare, Ireland near my great great grandfather's ancestral home.

     To this day, it remains one of the single most memorable experiences I have had in Ireland (and they number many).  

     My cousin Deborah, from Santa Barbara, Ca., was with me and as we strolled over the age old Burren rocks, we came upon this alcove of trees.  The guide encouraged Deborah and I to take some time with the trees and so forth, and she would wait up ahead for us on a rock.

     Deborah and I entered the alcove, immediately walking on our own separate paths through the alcove.  As I strolled farther down the path, I was drawn to the light and felt compelled to take pictures.   

     For me, this represents the magic of Ireland.  A certain combination of landscape, allowance and presence combines unknowingly.  I learned so much from this little stroll and my experience in the trees in the Burren.  

     All I know is that we are not alone in this world, and what lies just beyond our perception and conception, is friendly, kind, all-encompassing, eager, and full of light.

     I hope this poem in some way conveys that feeling to you, too.

     Slainte,

     Strolling Ursula


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thoughts

Swimming with Doves