Shadows of an Iris





Reflections of beauty
still
purple-hued silences
and become
long-stemmed whispers
preserving nature's secrets
in a garden
of shadows.

___________________________________

One day, on a sunny afternoon in Missoula, Montana at my duplex, I came upon my fully bloomed purple irises.  They were wild irises, maybe 5 or 6 of them against the brick backdrop of my garage wall.  It was a still afternoon, and the shadows of those beautiful and still irises played upon the wall.  

The small word garden above shapes that afternoon in my mind and hauntingly returns me to  the irises and their unmoving shadows.

Where do we see our shadows?  Are they still? 

Strolling Ursula

Comments

  1. I feel myself like a tiny person looking up at the sky through the pillars of iris purple. my shadows are forever surfacing. These iris illustrates we are all beautiful with our shadows part of our growth and journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In the Burren Trees

My Great Aunt Ursula

Thoughts